Salah Siapa PKR Lemah???
3 siri artikel di dalam Free Malaysia Today boleh dijadikan asas dalam kita memahami apa yang berlaku sewaktu PRU13 yang lalu. Kita kena puji FMT, kerana berani mengeluarkan artikel yang secara nyata meletakkan Anwar sebagai punca kepada kegagalan PKR dalam PRU yang lalu.
- They said the main reason PKR lost many promising seats, including those it won in 2008, was that the process of choosing candidates was dominated by Anwar and Azmin. Azmin chaired the party’s election committee, which had final say in the choice of candidates.
- According to the sources, PKR could have won at least 10 additional parliament seats if the party had accepted the candidates proposed by the respective divisions. These are Bayan Lepas, Kulim Bandar Baru, Langkawi, Tanjung Malim, Bagan Serai, Pasir Salak, Hulu Selangor, Setiawangsa, Johor Bahru and Labuan.
- However, they added, the party should have been able to win Bayan Lepas, Kulim Bandar Baru, Machang, Bagan Serai and Hulu Selangor (all of which it won in 2008) and probably Tanjung Malim, Pasir Salak and Setiawangsa if Anwar and Azmin had listened to grassroots views.
- Websites that support the opposition cause have, at least since 2011, been carrying negative reviews of the performance of several PKR MPs and state assemblymen, including Abdullah Sani Abdul Hamid (Kuala Langat), Hee Loy Sian (Petaling Jaya Selatan), Kamarul Baharin Abbas (Telok Kemang), Azan Ismail (Indera Mahkota) and Mansor Othman (Penanti state seat).
To the surprise of many, all five were chosen as candidates in the recent election. A PKR leader in Kedah remarked that this was a strong signal to party members that “you can sleep on the job and still be assured of being a candidate as long as you dance to the tune played by Anwar and Azmin.”
- “PKR has internal problems in every state, but these are especially serious in Kedah, Perak, Selangor, Negeri Sembilan, Pahang and Terengganu,” a source told FMT.
- According to PKR central committee member, many of PKR’s losses were due to silent protests over the fielding of parachute candidates.
- “The defeats in Kulim Bandar Baru, Bagan Serai, Pasir Salak, Taiping and Hulu Selangor were classic cases of candidates losing due to lack of support by division members.”
- PAS – One PKR man said he (Azizan) was “a miserable choice” as CEO for the northern state. Aside from his lack of administrative acumen, he also suffered ill health, requiring him to undergo dialysis treatments three times a week and thereby distracting him from his official duties.
- “The Chinese and Indians punished us at certain polling stations because of some unpopular and inconsistent policies implemented by Azizan,” said one source. “He was arrogant. He did not listen to our feedback.